Michael J. Hunter
B.Mus., CFP, CLU, CHS
President & Senior Financial Adviser
Michael J. Hunter BMus., CFP, CLU, CHS
Entrepreneurs and professionals are very passionate about their chosen field. Business owners, including physicians, spend long hours examining even the smallest detail of their business in order to be successful, but through no fault of their own, often overlook their personal financial affairs.
Michael J. Hunter B.Mus., CFP, CLU, CHS wants to alleviate this. As a Financial Planner, Michael’s goal is to provide the expertise and extra set of eyes and ears every entrepreneur needs.
Service to others is ingrained in Michael’s DNA. Michael spent 20 years in the restaurant and hospitality industry honing his skills to listen to his clients and creating desirable experiences—exemplified by the two award winning restaurants he owned. In 2010 he transferred his service and business skills to the financial services, where he is determined to take as much care with his client’s finances as he did with their palates.
Michael believes that “no matter what profession you are in, you can always tell a true professional by their commitment to learn, exemplified by letters after their name.” That is why Michael added Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), and Certified Health Insurance Specialist (CHS) designations to his Bachelor of Music Degree.
More About Michael
- Bachelor of Music degree from Queen’s University
- Worked in Hospitality industry, in 2002 opened up Stargazers on the Thames & Osso Buco in 2006.
- Won many national & international awards ranging from CAA’s 3 Diamond to Wine Spectator awards of Excellence
- Judged numerous wine competitions including the All Canadian Wine Championships in 2005-2007.
- Entered into the Financial Service business in 2015
- 2016 Double Sales award winner from Ivari
- 2018 Earned my CHS & CLU
- Charities, Theatre Orangeville, Allan Drive Breakfast Program & local church
- Soul mate – Stephanie
- 2 Children, Michael James Jr & Madeline Jane.